Disclaimer

Disclaimer: My reviews of media here do not mean that I lay any claim to the media in question. All reviews are entirely subjective. I may talk about how well the movie objectively works in my opinion, but it essentially all comes down to what I think of the movie. My liking a movie is not the same as thinking it's a great movie. If I trash a movie that you love, or love a movie you can’t stand, it’s not because I hate you. Also, all reviews are likely to contain SPOILERS. If you haven’t seen the movies in question and don’t want to know what happens, then you probably shouldn’t be reading about them here. Finally, a blanket trigger warning for people who don't want to read about common horror movie content such as sexism, racism, violence, etc.: I will likely discuss all of the above when they show up in the films I review, so please tread with caution. Check out this post for more on how my reviews are set up.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Well, I don't want it to say "no posts" anymore...

It turns out that I watch a lot of horror movies. Really, a lot of them. It's a genre that holds so much appeal: a few of the horror films out there are absolutely amazing films in every way, but the majority of them that are total crap? Those are often hilarious. And my boyfriend and I have discovered the beauty of Hastings, which has movie rentals for 50 cents/night, and of course Netflix and its endless catalog. So we tend to go through movies at a rate of at least one or two a night. And let me tell you, some are AWFUL. I feel I should share the entertainment and the pain that comes from these.

And then I realize that this means we're going to have to RE-WATCH some of these pieces of cinematic shit, and I realize that this might not have been such a brilliant idea. (It also probably means I should stop napping through the middles of the worst ones we get...)

No comments:

Post a Comment