Disclaimer

Disclaimer: My reviews of media here do not mean that I lay any claim to the media in question. All reviews are entirely subjective. I may talk about how well the movie objectively works in my opinion, but it essentially all comes down to what I think of the movie. My liking a movie is not the same as thinking it's a great movie. If I trash a movie that you love, or love a movie you can’t stand, it’s not because I hate you. Also, all reviews are likely to contain SPOILERS. If you haven’t seen the movies in question and don’t want to know what happens, then you probably shouldn’t be reading about them here. Finally, a blanket trigger warning for people who don't want to read about common horror movie content such as sexism, racism, violence, etc.: I will likely discuss all of the above when they show up in the films I review, so please tread with caution. Check out this post for more on how my reviews are set up.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween is AWESOME.

So it’s now October, and I have to take the opportunity to say: I fucking LOVE Halloween. Overcommercialized though it may be, it is one of my very favorite holidays. Pumpkins, bats, spiders, ghosts, horror movies, costumes, free candy… BRING IT.

And as my blog (ostensibly a HORROR blog) languishes, well, I suddenly see an opportunity to get my ass in gear. “It’s October and Halloween is the shit” seems like as good a reason as any to start working through the backlog of movie reviews I’ve built up for myself. So I’m going to try to start posting with… well, still an irregular schedule. But one that involves actually posting! I already cocked up the “post a day” idea, but maybe I can manage two or three posts a week (which was my original intent for this blog.)

[And to anyone who loves horror films: SyFy is doing their “31 Days of Halloween”, so you’ve got a couple freebie horror films each night if you’re so inclined. Edited awkwardly for language and boobs, but generally still including all the gore and most everything else.]

No comments:

Post a Comment